Automatic Form Recognition And Automatic Update

Nicola De Ieso

Suggestion

Nicola De Ieso

I was thrilled at the release of Nitro Pro 13, but I am disappointed because from version 12 these are the main things that aren't in Nitro 13:

-Automatic form recognition (present in competitors software)

-Automatic update from the Nitro App (also present in competitors software).

I would like to see these features added as soon as possible, because I think that are essential, especially the automatic update feature.

Thank You.

• I agree 20

13 replies to this suggestion

Nicola De Ieso

There is an update on these features? I am interested more in the automatic form recognition.

Thanks.

• I agree 3

Ayasha Jones

We also would like to see the automatic form recognition - this is a key feature in Adobe and is disappointing that Nitro cannot do this.

• I agree 4

Chris Allen

I am amazed that this thread started almost two years ago, yet GoNitro has not seen fit to even acknowledge it. During that time period, they also took away the ability for individual paying customers to get tech support. This is unfortunate because starting a couple of months ago, my installation of Nitro Pro now displays an error dialog every time it starts. The dialog's text include a code (Error 401) which the dialog instructs the user to search on within their Web site's support area; I followed this instruction and the GoNitro support database returned zero matches. Looking at the intro screen for this forum, I see there are open messages as far back as 2017. All of this adds up to one conclusion: GoNitro has decided that individual buyers are not worth their time, and has taken steps resulting in it falling behind its competitors and growing more buggy with the passage of time. 

The chat bot guy said tech support monitors these forums and answers questions like mine. We'll see. If one utility-type tool ceases to operate properly, and updates are unreasonably priced (which they are, considering how many PDF tools are on the market now), I have no problem finding the current leader of the pack and making the switch.

• I agree 3

I would also like the automatic form recognition now this is usual feature in many symilar programs. So I'm thinking to change it when the license expires.

Best wishes, Amber,

SEO-manager of WorkTime

• I agree 3

Brandi Gingras

Good morning.  Still looking for an update to the software on this.  I have a form I need to create with over 200 form fields and going one-by-one isn't high on my list.  Automatic form recognition would be great to have as I had that with Adobe previously.  Will this be on the next product update?  Thanks!

• I agree 2

Jakob Müller

Any update, is this feature on the roadmap? I won't manually drag form fields in a 30 page document. What a bummer I still have to use Acrobat for this!

• I agree 3

Ronda LeBoeuf

I wish I had used the trial version first!  Nitro had such good recommendations, I just purchased so I could get busy...Unfortunately, it is not as useful as I had hoped.  Dragging text boxes for forms is something I did not plan on doing.  What a total waste of my time.

• I agree 2

Jakob Müller

Today I noticed that this function is already in Nitro, it is under Edit > Create Form Fields for Page. But it's algorithm was super bad and didn't recognise a single field correctly.

Screenshot-2022-10-20-at-17-57-10.png

Edited by Jakob Müller