Font not appearing in Nitro Pro 12

ShawnyC

Hello,

We are looking to use a new font for all our documents and a colleague has downloaded this font to test it out beforehand. 

The font does not appear in the list of available fonts in Nitro – even though it is installed it on the PC and it is fully available on Word and other MS products.

The build number for the version being used is: 12.0.0.112 

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Thanks for coming back to me @Leslie V..

My colleague has done this, but the font is still not showing.

Can you advise how I can send you the font? Font files aren't accepted as message attachments. 

Many thanks

• 10 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
On 8/19/2020 at 6:18 AM, Shane Kimmey said:

Hello,

I am having the same issue with a font not appearing in Nitro Pro 13. Are you able to test my font?

Please send us a the font so that we can test. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Leslie V. said:

Please send us a the font so that we can test. Thanks!

Thanks, Leslie. 

This is a new PC with a fresh install of Win10. Nitro Pro 13 was one of the first pieces of software I installed and every font I have installed afterwards is not recognised. They are available in all other software (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.) but not Nitro. 

Where should I send the font/fonts to? What address?

• 10 months later...

This is still an issue for me as well, and Leslie V. has not replied to let me know where to send the font for testing. Is someone able to give us an address to send the font to, please?

• 3 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @bcox@coxandkor.com,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Nitro recognizes TrueType fonts that are installed on a the machine's system. If the fonts aren't being recognized in Nitro PDF Pro but are in other programs like Microsoft Word, I would recommend repairing Nitro PDF Pro. You can repair Nitro PDF Pro through the Windows' Control Panel > Programs and Features.

If the repair did not resolve the problem please provide the following information:

1.  Version and Build of Nitro Pro. This information can be located under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro (the complete format is Nitro Pro 13.x.x.x)
2.  Are the fonts installed on your machine or embedded in the PDF?
3. Are the fonts applied in the document are not recognized by Nitro PDF Pro? 
4. Is it possible to share the document so we could test and the font (font name) that is not being recognized?

Lastly, when using TypeText tool in Nitro PDF Pro, do you see that font listed in the Font drop-down field?

Kind regards,

I am having the same issue with some PG&E bill PDFs that we download from the PG&E website. The bill has embedded custom fonts that display properly in the Edge Browser preview and in Adobe Acrobat. However Nitro Pro displays the characters incorrectly. I am unable to share the the document publicly, but could send it to a Nitro rep directly if you share your email address with me.

I am trying to view the file with Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574

The fonts are embedded in the PDF.

Only one of the custom fonts seems to fail to display properly in Nitro Pro.

I would be happy to share the file with a Nitro employee for troubleshooting.

The following link is an image of the file as rendered in Nitro Pro and in Adobe Acrobat.

https://cidcllc-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/ahaney_cidcllc_us/EaCVjQFqJpdBmktvIfKfPIEBfJXlGe25sxxB8as4hBmU-Q?e=vYMj4X

Hi Adam, 

The original post on this thread wasn't because a font wasn't displaying properly. It was because fonts installed on my system were not showing up in the drop down menu of available fonts when using the "Type Text" function.

You mind find a thread or solution to your issue on another posts. I've still never been able to resolve my issue on Nitro 12, but it fixed itself when we upgraded to Nitro13.

Good luck.