Nitro Pro 13 Redaction Append File Name _redacted

NitroUser1

Is there a setting to make it NOT append the filename with "_redacted" when you go to save a .pdf after you've applied redactions, so you can just over-write the original file when you save it?  Ad*be has this ability.

Thanks.

Another question.  The Customize ribbon is a nice feature where you can basically setup your own ribbon with the exact buttons you want.  Is there a way to make it so that when you open a .pdf file, Nitro will go right to the Customize ribbon instead of the Home ribbon, as the default?  And is there a dark theme to make all the ribbons and File/backstage view nice and dark?

Edited by NitroUser1

• Official Nitronaut
19 hours ago, NitroUser1 said:

Is there a setting to make it NOT append the filename with "_redacted" when you go to save a .pdf after you've applied redactions, so you can just over-write the original file when you save it?  Ad*be has this ability.

Thanks.

Hello @NitroUser1

Thanks for reaching out!

There isn't an option available to overwrite the original file, unfortunately.

This prevents users from removing content from their documents and realizing they made a mistake. I understand that for advanced users this might be an extra step however at this time there isn't a way to disable this.

If you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to ask.

• Official Nitronaut
18 hours ago, NitroUser1 said:

Another question.  The Customize ribbon is a nice feature where you can basically setup your own ribbon with the exact buttons you want.  Is there a way to make it so that when you open a .pdf file, Nitro will go right to the Customize ribbon instead of the Home ribbon, as the default?  And is there a dark theme to make all the ribbons and File/backstage view nice and dark?

There isn't a way to make the customize ribbon as default but there is a setting that can make the theme a bit darker. There isn't an option that will make it as dark as I believe you would want it. To change this, go to File >> Preferences >> Appearance >> Background Theme: Dark Gray

Please let me know if you have other questions.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @NitroUser1,

You can disable it in two different ways:

Either by following instructions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/4026268/windows-10-change-startup-apps

or 

by removing the value 'Nitro System Tray' under the 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run' registry key

I hope that helps!