Javascript disappears

MichelO

Dear Nitro support team/fellow community members,

To solve my issue raised in my previous topic, I tried a bit of JavaScript coding.

It works like a charm. I have figured out all functionalities desired. However, when I merge the file with another document, the javascript disappears.

I linked a javascript code to an action when one presses a button within the form. This one disappears. However the scripts at document level, also disappear.

My alternative would be to use a folder level script. I did this by creating a text file, insert the same code as I did first at document level and saved it as a PDF file, however, when I start Nitro, it doesn't work.

What do I need to add within the folder level file, to make it work?

I also need to find a way, to bypass the action script. instead of attaching code to activate, once a button has been pressed, I now need to write code with an IF function. That is not the problem, but will it ever work?

Does the JavaScript at folder level only work, once the file has been opened? Or do you need to trigger it, within Nitro?

I do not want to know, the exact code behind this, I just want to know if what I want, is possible.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kind regards,

Michel

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @MichelO,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

For better case handling, I just responded to the same support ticket.

I will wait for your response through the support case.

Cheers!

• 3 years later...

I have a similar issue. when I click 'Edit' to open a Document Level Javascript the code dissappears.  If a create a new javascript, save it and try to edit the code dissappears.