JSClassTreeResolveNode errors

kcooper

Opening up a .gov fillable form.  It includes some fancy expandable sections for text as well as tool tip (?) icons.  This will produce over a hundred JSClass errors stating it can't find node for sectionPage1 and on.   The 3 page form then breaks between the header area and starts a new page making it 6 out of 6 pages numbered.  The printout looks even worse with sections stacked over each other.    Adobe Reader has no problem with any of this.  So, how can I ignore all the tool tip overlays and just print the document cleanly?  And does a saved and filled out document need to be flattened before it can be printed without the section exploding?   Federal I-9 20190831.pdf and i-9_2019.pdf are the Gov forms, presumely renamed but any i-9 form should recreate problem.  Thank you for your interest.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @kcooper,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

After downloading and checking these forms, please note this document was created using a program called Adobe LiveCycle (see the Document Properties of the file), which utilizes XFA / XML forms architecture that is not compliant with the PDF 2.0 specification set by the ISO (International Organization for Standardization). Our Product & Engineering team is actively investigating options to improve Nitro's ability to handle XFA and other non-standard PDF document-types, but this is a significant product roadmap initiative, and unfortunately, there isn't a short-term solution. 

Although we have improved on how we work with this format, some files will still not behave as expected. 

If you intend to simply view or fill in the form fields in this specific file, as this is a proprietary Adobe format, we suggest using Adobe Reader. 

If you have filled in a form, but the printout doesn't contain the information entered, you will need to 'flatten' the data. Please note that this option might not be available for all files, in which case you might need to use another PDF editor to perform the flattening. You can find out more about that, here: http://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/flatten/000002033 

Please note that the results may vary with this workaround.