Free Trial Expired on Installation

gregh

I want to evaluate Nitro Pro vs Adobe Acrobat Pro (the endless upgrade fees have become intolerable). However, I installed Nitro Pro on my Win 10 system today and receive the -2023 error each time I load the program. I also see "Expired Trial" written on the task bar.

As I do not have a serial number so I am unable to request gonitro support. Does anyone have a fix for me to begin the trial?

Thanks,

Greg

Edited by gregh

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @gregh,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you, is this the first time you have installed Nitro Pro 13 on your Windows 10 machine?

When you attempted to open the program, is your machine connected to the Internet?

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Allain,

Thank you for the reply. I have not previously installed Nitro Pro on this computer (new in March, 2019). I was connected to the internet while installing.

I re-installed my old Acrobat Pro X until I have the chance to put Nitro Pro through its paces. 

Greg

Edited by gregh

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @gregh,

Thank you for your response and patience.

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 13?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'. 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

I do not have a serial number. I am trying to get the trial to begin. 

I installed Nitro Pro 13. The program gives me the 2023 error. The taskbar has orange lettering stating "Trial Expired." It did this upon installation. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @gregh,

Thank you for this information.

Could you please try these steps?:

1. Close your Nitro program.
2. Go to C:\ProgramData\Nitro\Pro\13 (note that ProgramData is a hidden folder) You can also get to the ProgramData folder by typing %programdata% in the Windows Start Menu.
3. Delete the Nalpeiron folder
4. Relaunch your Nitro Pro.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @gregh,

I am posting this message to check if the above steps helped.

If it did not help, can you provide me your availability by sending a private message?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Sorry for the delay but it has been a busy week.

There was no Nalpeiron folder in %programdata%\nitro\pro\13. I thought maybe the installation suffered some issue and I was going to attempt a repair. Curiously, Nitro Pro was not found in Settings > App > Apps & features. Even though I could run Nitro Pro from the desktop icon!

I ran the installation program over the old instance and it installed without complaint. I loaded Nitro Pro and everything looks perfect - including the countdown showing I have 11 days left on the trial.

This was a strange one but it is fixed now. Thanks for sticking with me Allain! Mark this one solved.