Can't print using the Nitro PDF Creator port

Brenda Rojaas

Brenda Rojaas

Greetings,

I'm having issues printing documents using the Nitro printer, the documents stays on queue with status "sent to printer". I have the Nitro Pro 13.6.0.108 version which was installed recently and various users have access to the application. Is there anyway to resolve this issue without having to clean uninstall it?

Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Brenda Rojaas,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

For me to better assist you on troubleshooting this issue, could you please follow these steps?:

A. To uninstall PDF creator:

1. Open Control Panel.
2. Click on System and Security.
3. Click on Administrative Tools.
4. Double-click the Print Management.
5. Expand the Custom Filters.
6. Click on All Drivers.
7. Right-click Nitro PDF Creator and select the Delete option

B. To clear the Spool queue:

1. Select Start > Type Command > Right-click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator“.
2. Type net stop spooler then press “Enter“.
3. Type del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q then press “Enter“.
4. Type net start spooler then press “Enter“.

C. To reinstall PDF Creator:

1. Close your Nitro Pro and MS Office applications if they're open.
2. Right-click on the Nitro Pro desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
3. Go to Help tab > Support Tools > PDF Creation tab and click Nitro PDF Creator button. If the tool is not found in Help tab, you will need to go to the installation folder of Nitro Pro and run NitroPDFSupportTools.exe (by default, it is inside C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\13)
4. Installation will be done in the background. Once it's done, you should receive a message 'installation of the printer driver was successful’
5. Click OK > Close.
6. Close your Nitro Pro and open it again to test.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Edited by AllainU

Brenda Rojaas

Greetings AllainU,

This version of Nitro was install on a server where 50 users connect through RDP, they use the Nitro PDF Creator to print the documents, but what seems interesting is that the PDF creator stops working, the documents shows status Sent to Printer or Spooling, but an hour later it starts working again after we delete the print queue and the documents never show up as a PDF. On this server we don't have Print Management, we restarted the Print Spooler service, end the processes that kept running even when the PDF creator was not responding, is there other way to identify the root cause and resolve the issue? My apologies for not providing additional information.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Brenda Rojaas,

Thank you for this information.

After checking your account records, we can see you already have a support ticket for the same concern.

For better case handling, we have notated this information in the support case while our team are still investigating on our end.

Thank you for your patience and rest assured we will get back to you within the same support thread as soon as I have an update.

Our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.