Nitro Pro 13 takes a life to start.

Manuel Alv.

Hello,

I have been trying to solve the issues I am experiencing when launching the app for almost one month, but the answers to my case takes a lot, and all the fixes I have been given have not solved the issues. I have decided to post a topic so maybe I can more visibility to this problem as I have read that more people are having trouble that may be similar. 

Since I "upgraded" from 12 to Nitro Pro 13 (updated to the latest build 13.8.2.140) it takes up to 1 minute to start and run properly. During that minute, the app crashes or freezes and it is not possible to use any tool. This happens when launching Nitro app or opening a PDF file directly. 

I have realised also that, during that minute, CPU usage reaches almost 30% and, after that period, when app runs well, it takes 2-4% as usual.

My case is 00215292, and Ivan R is my support agent.

I am really getting tired of this, as I am not able to work efficiently. I would like to go back to Nitro Pro 12, but every time I ask for it, my inquiry is ignored.

Hoping to solve this issue at the earliest.

Thanks.

ManuelAlv

I have the same issue.  Running latest version Pro 13.8.2.140.  Nitro takes 6-10 seconds to load the first PDF.  After that the software works normally. During the first 6-10 seconds the Nitro software is frozen.  After the initial PDF is opened all subsequent PDFs load and work just fine.  If I close the software and open it again I get the same 6-10 second delay.  The only way to avoid the delay is to keep the software open.

Running windows 10 with i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHZ and 16GB of RAM.  This is a software not hardware issue. 

Edited by Seth B.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Seth B.,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

After checking your account records, we can see you already submitted a support ticket for the same concern.

For better case handling, kindly wait for an email from a Nitro Support Representative through the support case.

Cheers!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Manuel Alv.,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

After checking your account records, a colleague of mine is already assisting you. 

For better case handling, we have notated your forum post to the existing support case so kindly wait for his response.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Seth Bergman

Worked with Nitro Tech support and the following solved my problem:

===============

Looking at the support tools log, it appears that you are already on the latest build of Nitro Pro 13 and the machine has custom fonts installed. 

Nitro Pro 13 loads fonts library in a different way than previous version (Nitro Pro 12) to address an issue where some fonts do not appear in Nitro if there is a corrupted font. 
When you initially open the application, it loads the font library which may be the reason of delay and then the document opens fine once Nitro is loaded. 

Could you please do a clean uninstall using our cleanup tool then install the Nitro Pro 13.6 build and see if it makes a difference?
I have outlined the steps below:

1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.

Note: AppData folder is hidden by default. You can access this by typing the above path and replacing the your_username to your user name. 

2. Download Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1382140/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip

Please note that this cleanup tool will remove all traces of Nitro Pro including your customize stamps. If you have customized stamps, please refer to the link below about how to transfer/backup stamps:
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/stamp/000004307

3. Extract the cleanup utility then run the cleanup tool by double-clicking nitro-cleanup.vbs. Please be aware that a command window will appear during the cleanup process.
4. After the cleanup, restart the computer. 5. Install Nitro Pro 13.6 using the offline installer. Below is the direct download link of Nitro Pro 13.6 msi 64bit installer:

Note: Please delete any of your existing Nitro Pro installers before downloading the installer below.This is to ensure that installers will not mix up.

http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_1360108/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

6. Once Nitro Pro 13.6 is installed, check the activation window (Help tab > About Nitro Pro) and see if it needs activation. If yes, click the Activate button then enter your Nitro Pro 13 serial number. 

======================

Thank you Seth.

However, I tried the same and it did not fix the issue with my Nitro Pro 13.

I went back to Nitro Pro 12 and everything is working fine.