Error 23 - License Number Already Used

AlanH

I am trying to activate Nitro Pro 10 on a new computer. I Deactivated the serial number on the old computer and also online. It says that I have 0 number of activation and 2 activations allowed and I am not able to activate.

Message reads the following:

"You have reached the maximum number of installations allowed for this license. Please deactivate Nitro Plus from another computer that has used this serial number, before attempting to activate again."

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @AlanH,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro 10?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'. 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

HFi Allain.

I have the same issue. I have purchased a new laptop, deactivated my licens on the old one but can not activate on my new pc. I have deactivated all on my activation page, and it states that none is activated and two is allowed. 

How ever I get the error 23: the licens is already in use. I run Nitro 10 on my desktop pc without a problem so there is something totally wrong here.

Hope you can fix this for me.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Albert66,

Before continuing, I should let you know that we no longer support Nitro Pro 11 or older. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy 

As a courtesy, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro 10 by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

Our record shows you are experiencing an issue activating the license is because the computer that the software was installed on did not generate a proper Computer ID (which is a Nitro-specific ID, which generates a unique Computer ID for each computer that the software is installed on). Instead, a Computer ID of all '0's was generated.

Alternatively, if you are interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13 with VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance), kindly access our Upgrade Portal and enter your Nitro Pro 10 serial number: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade 

You should then receive an email confirmation with a new serial number to activate Nitro Pro 13 and this activation error will no longer happen.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Hi AllainU, 

I tried activating now by doing what you outlined on your email and it did not work. I am still getting the same error.

What is the difference between Nitro Pro 10 and  Nitro Pro 13 with VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance)? I also tried entering the serial number on that link and the following error showed:

"We were unable to validate your serial number. Please ensure you entered it correctly. If you believe you are eligible for an upgrade, please leave a post on our Community Forum and update us with your issue."

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @AlanH,

Thank you for the private message and my apologies for the delay.

I made an adjustment on your Nitro Pro 10 license so please try upgrading again to Nitro Pro 13 on your end.

I should also let you know that Nitro Pro 10 is no longer supported as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy

Unfortunately, we have no comparison chart between Nitro Pro 10 and Nitro Pro 13 so please refer to this matrix as an alternative:

1.thumb.png.a2ef7ffa8b6d17560f3a773b57079731.png

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Hi Allain.

Thanks, that worked. I have now activated on my new pc.

I would like to upgrade to 13, but I see that the upgrade costs more than I originally payed for Nitro.

I have licenses on a lot of different software, and as a privat user I have no chance of keeping all softwares ut to date. Since Nitro 10 already offers much more than I need,  I feel no need to upgrade to Nitro 13 due to new features.

I urge you to make a light version made for privat users that offers the same features as Nitro 10.

• 4 weeks later...
Sean Pickford, P.E.

Hi Allain,

I started another thread with the same issue with another Nitronaut.  The question for the serial numbers was provided in separate message as requested.  I have not received a response and it has been over a month.  I would appreciate some assistance.

Regards

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Sean Pickford, P.E.,

To further assist you, please reply to the original thread after sending me the serial number via private message.

Thank you in advance and my sincere apologies for the delay.

• 5 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Daniel Hart,

In order to further assist you, could you please provide the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

This matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hi @Daniel Hart,

Thank you for the private message.

To further assist you, a change has been made on your Nitro Pro 11 license so you can activate the program on another machine by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering your serial number.

Please be aware that Nitro Pro 11 or older are already discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy . With that, support for the discontinued versions are no longer available.  

If you are interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13 with a discounted rate, kindly access our Upgrade Portal and enter your Nitro Pro 11 serial number: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade 

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Muhammad Nazim,

Before continuing, please be aware that Nitro Pro 11 or older are already discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy . With that, support for the discontinued versions are no longer available.  

If you are interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13 with a discounted rate, kindly access our Upgrade Portal and enter your Nitro Pro 11 serial number: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade 

You may also want to purchase Nitro VIP Access (formerly Software Assurance) that entitles users to free upgrades for the next release of Nitro Pro and Premium Support for one year after the purchase date. (Premium Support is prioritized ticket support with our Technical Support staff/Nitro Customer Success and Service Team for one year after the purchase date).

You should then receive an email confirmation with a new serial number to activate Nitro Pro 13 and to know more about some enhancements and fixes with Nitro Pro 13, please visit our Release Notes page https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes 

In addition to that and many other feature improvements, version 13 also contains some important security vulnerabilities fixes that you might want to consider when deciding whether to upgrade to it or not. You can find out more about these fixes here:  https://www.gonitro.com/nps/security/updates 

However if you prefer working with an older version and as a courtesy, I just made an adjustment on your license, so you can now activate your copy of Nitro Pro by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number and clicking Activate.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Muhammad Nazim,

Thank you for your response and patience.

I would like to clarify the exact version of Nitro Pro 11 that you have installed on your machine.

You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 11.X.X.X, e.g. 11.0.7.411) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.