licenses on RDS server?

Joe Potrzebowski

Joe Potrzebowski

I have 5 individual licenses that we have been using without problems. However, those 5 users will be transitioning to an RDS server for their logins and I'm assuming I can not use those existing 5 Nitro Pro licenses on that single RDS server, correct? Or is there a way to use those existing license keys in an RDS environment?

If not, I assume then I'm going to have to purchase new Nitro licenses for use on the RDS server itself?

Thanks in advance!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jpotrz,

Before continuing, I should let you know that we no longer support Nitro Pro 11 or older. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy:  https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy

If your users are about to be transitioned to an RDS server, their Nitro Pro 11 will not work because these licenses are for desktop deployment, not for server deployment.

To further assist you, we highly suggest contacting our Sales Team by filling-up this form to purchase a Nitro Pro 13 Enterprise when a License-file: https://www.gonitro.com/contact-sales 

Please be informed that our Enterprise License-File uses a different type of licensing-model (not based its activation on Computer IDs) and works perfectly with virtual environments.

Just a heads-up, our Sales Team can only send a quote if you will purchase a minimum of 20-user license.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Joe Potrzebowski
31 minutes ago, AllainU said:

Hello @jpotrz,

Before continuing, I should let you know that we no longer support Nitro Pro 11 or older. It has been discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy:  https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy

If your users are about to be transitioned to an RDS server, their Nitro Pro 11 will not work because these licenses are for desktop deployment, not for server deployment.

To further assist you, we highly suggest contacting our Sales Team by filling-up this form to purchase a Nitro Pro 13 Enterprise when a License-file: https://www.gonitro.com/contact-sales 

Please be informed that our Enterprise License-File uses a different type of licensing-model (not based its activation on Computer IDs) and works perfectly with virtual environments.

Just a heads-up, our Sales Team can only send a quote if you will purchase a minimum of 20-user license.

Thanks for choosing Nitro Pro and I hope this helps!

Thanks for the quick response and detailed information.

If I'm understanding you properly, I can only run Nitro on RDS if I buy 20 licenses?

How do I tell what version the Nitro Pro Licensing is for?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @jpotrz,

Thank you for your response and patience.

To be clear, you can run Nitro Pro with a License-File on RDS and to get a license-file, our Sales Team requires purchasing a minimum of 20-users subscription.

With regard on how to disgusting if you have a license-file, it has the format of  'yyyyyy.lic' where 'y' is alpha-numeric instead of 504xxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx where 'x' are random numbers.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

Joe Potrzebowski
5 hours ago, AllainU said:

Hello @jpotrz,

Thank you for your response and patience.

To be clear, you can run Nitro Pro with a License-File on RDS and to get a license-file, our Sales Team requires purchasing a minimum of 20-users subscription.

With regard on how to disgusting if you have a license-file, it has the format of  'yyyyyy.lic' where 'y' is alpha-numeric instead of 504xxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx where 'x' are random numbers.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!

SO then 20 user minimum is needed for an RDS server that seems awfully high.

That being said, I did submit a sales inquiry and have yet to hear from anyone outside of a automated email

• 4 months later...
Jason Farrugia

Any chance I can get a human to contact me re. Enterprise licencing for NitroPro on a Windows Terminal server, eachtime I put in a request for a Quote on website, keep receiving automated email.

Your assistance would be very much appreciated