Moving pages within a document

Michael Royal

Suggestion

Michael Royal

If I want to move pages within a document, it appears to be a clumsy slow process.  I am currently highlighting/selecting the pages then dragging them up the document via the thumbnail images on the left hand side.  If you have a large document, this can take far too long.  You should be able to select the pages you want to move; then go to the place you want to insert the pages; then click 'move here before / after this page (as with inserts I recollect which works this way).

• I agree 17

9 replies to this suggestion

Michael Dwyer

Even when you select pages and drag them after several pages your thumbnails do not update and you are faced with blank thumbnails.  It is hard to drop dragged information when thumbnails are blank.

• I agree 1

Milene Chavez

I support this request!

Moving pages across large documents is a very awkward and time-consuming process. Imagine moving pages 743-781 before page 132...

I hope Nitro implements it soon - it does not sound like complex coding...

Adobe Acrobat does not have this function, either. So, it would be a plus for Nitro users.

• I agree 2

This might be faster or easier. Extract all the pages to be moved together by page number. For example (4,7,22-100,157) Highlight on the side bar of the original document (Thumbnail) where you want the extracted pages to go. Grab all your extracted pages and move your mouse up to the tab where the name of your original document is displayed. (Do not release the left button on your mouse yet) This will open the side bar (Thumbnail view) of the original document. Move the mouse to where the extracted documents should go and release the mouse button. Hope this helps.

Mitchell Hooks

I support this suggestion. Adobe has an "organize pages" that allows the user to modify the order / position of the pages within a document.

• I agree 2
  • Thanks 1

HARIS WASEEM

I support this request! Moving pages across large documents is a very awkward and time-consuming process. Imagine moving pages 743-781 before page 132... I hope Nitro implements it soon - it does not sound like complex coding... Adobe Acrobat does not have this function, either. So, it would be a plus for Nitro users. visit

Danny Allday
I support this request! Moving pages across large documents is a very awkward and time-consuming process.   I hope Nitro implements it soon - it does not sound like complex coding... Please, please.....

Darrin Frank Bailey

Would someone please answer this question!  I need to rearrange pages within the file.  I can move the page into another bookmark or move it into anywhere else within the document, but I can't seem to move it to the front.

Julian Glasspool
On 2/21/2024 at 11:12 PM, Michael Dwyer said:

Even when you select pages and drag them after several pages your thumbnails do not update and you are faced with blank thumbnails.  It is hard to drop dragged information when thumbnails are blank.

I use the thumbnail view everyday and this happens to me all the time as well! I find the software crashes on me very often too!

Sometimes if you zoom in/out of the thumbnail view, the pages reappear. But this isn't useful when you have selected pages and started dragging them.