NitroPro10 disappear/dont work after Windows reboot

Steve Land

Dear Supporters and Community,

I have already invested a considerable amount of time in isolating and solving my problem - but so far without any real success.
I read through a lot of threads here, but found nothing comparable to my case. Ie. I am now writing everything together.

- Old PC with Windows 7 Pro (Licensed product: Nitro Pro 10 (without updates) works fine)
- New PC with Windows 10 Pro (wont work correct)

Story:
At first I did't found a correct version for download on the website, so I tryed with the latest version to activate my license. After this didn't work properly, I had to search for an old installation file on the web. Fortunately, there are some providers of old installation files for Nitro Pro 10. I found one that fit. The program always installed itself exclusively in English - although I had selected the German language. I don't know why... so however, after a long search, I found a german Page with that old version. The installation went as usual and correctly. Activation also worked perfectly in all cases (had initially assumed that the program could be changed internally if necessary - but this was not the case).

After starting and activating the software everything was correct - the language was in German and everything worked wonderfully. Repeatedly starting the program worked flawlessly. And now let's get started! It goes crazy!

Now I reboot the PC. After the bootup and logon in Windows 10, the icon on the desktop has disappeared. I had been wondering whether I had uninstalled it again in my absence - but no, looked at the program listing in the control panel and the program was still installed there. A few seconds later I see the icon reappearing - and also appearing in the taskbar of Windwos - at first only with a white sheet icon, then as the correct NitroPro icon. I was wondering what it could be, but know similar sideeffects from Background Processes and so on. .... And I tried to start the program.

After a short while the message appeared that the program could not be opened (standard Windows message that there are no rights to open/execute the directory/File). I looked at the directory and in fact, even with administration and system rights, I couldn't access the installation path.

Ok, I called the Windows uninstall routine and tried to uninstall the program. That was done, but everything else has remained the same - like if the uninstaller didn't popup an error message while it was doing nothing. So I used the installation file to repair it, to uninstall and reinstall it - several times - each time, it happend again.

Now it is the case that the program does not appear in the control panel immediately after installation.
The software works correctly exactly until the PC is restarted, after which you can no longer use it.

I think... and hope, that the Registry or Installations/Temp Content is defect oder something like that. How I can absolute clean the Installation and install the correkt version (Nitro Pro 10) again.
Maybe someone has an FTP/Share Folder Link for that programm in german or multilanguage?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Steve Land,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Before continuing, please be aware that Nitro Pro 11 or older are already discontinued as documented in our Sunset Policy: https://www.gonitro.com/support/sunset-policy . With that, support for the discontinued versions are no longer available. 

If you are interested in upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13, could you please provide your Nitro Pro 10 serial number?

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.