Can't insert new file

JULIE BARLOW

I can now only insert a new file into a document if that file (the one I want to insert) is opened. When I try to insert, an error pops up that says "1 of 1 files corrupted or with bad format could not be added:<file name>".  If I then go to the file and open it, it will open fine 100% of the time, so it does not seem corrupted. It does this every time, with every file I try to insert.

Has a setting accidentally been changed in my program somewhere or is this some new feature? Using Nitro Pro 12

• 1 month later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @JBarlow,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order for me to further assist you with your concern, could you please provide the following?:
-Is this a new issue or has it occurred since after installing Nitro Pro? Any changes you are aware of before this happened (e.g. Windows Updates)?
-The serial number of your Nitro Pro 12.
-Build of Nitro Pro are you working with. You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 12.X.X.X, e.g. 12.0.0.112) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
-A sample files (with sensitive information extracted) you are working so I can replicate it on my end. 

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

JULIE BARLOW

It started happening a week or so before my original post, so moderately new. It never did it before and I haven't updated Nitro recently. Our Windows updates are automatic or handled by IT, so I'm not really sure about that relationship. But like I said before, it's happening to at least 3 of our computers, so it's not just an isolated event on my own computer and happens with any pdf I try to insert. 

I'll send the rest of the info via PM

• 1 month later...
Jon Pitchfork

I have the exact same issue. I can open a file but if I try to combine it with another file, the dialog says it is corrupt when I select it.
If I open that file first then I can add the other file to it but this puts the pages in the wrong order.
There must be some file format checking function that is happening when adding or combining a file that does not occur in the same way when opening the file normally.
I recently installed the latest Nitro Pro on this Windows 10 x64 machine.
I just tried to do it for 5th time to create a screen shot to add here and the file has been accepted into the combiner this time!? Strange, but it seem to be an intermittent issue.