Maximum number of concurrent users

Resolve Technology

Resolve Technology

Hi,

One of our clients are using Nitro 11 with a serial number for 11 concurrent users on a virtual RDS server.

Up until the beginning of Feb there were no issues.  Now, whenever more than two people try to open Nitro they get an error stating the maximum number of concurrent users has been reached.  I have confirmed the serial number using https://licenses.gonitro.com/prd/portal which confirms 11 licences.

I know that Nitro 11 is no longer supported but I was hoping for some assistance as to why this is no longer allowing more than two users since the licenses are perpetual.

Kind regards,

Craig Peterson

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Resolve Technology,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I have checked your account and our record shows you have Nitro Pro 11 Desktop for 11-users, not a server deployment license.

To give you more idea, a Server Deployment involves the installation and activation of Nitro Pro software on a server in which an allotted amount of users would access. For example, if you have a server serial number for 11 users, you would install Pro on the one server in which 11 users would log in and access. If you have additional servers, the amount of users that can access each server would be the total number of users divided by the number of servers. For example, if you have 30 users and 2 servers, then each server installation would allow 15 users to access Nitro Pro.

With regards to Desktop Deployment, it involves the installation and activation of Nitro Pro on individual machines. For example, if the client had a desktop serial number for 11 users, they would install and activation on the 11 individual machines. 

I went to our licensing server and I can see you have 1/11 activations and with this, it is possible that more than two users are accessing Nitro Pro causing for that error message.

Since this is by design and we no longer support Nitro Pro 11, I suggest upgrading your license to Nitro Pro 13 and switching to a subscription plan with a license-file that works perfectly with terminal servers. If you are interested, please let me know and I will ensure someone from our Sales team reaches out with the quote.

To know more about some enhancements and fixes with Nitro Pro 13, please visit our Release Notes page https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

Resolve Technology

Thank you Allain for your response.  I'll go back to the client and advise.

I'm curious as to why this has been working then for a number of years without issue until late February this year.  They have two terminal servers balancing approximately 45 staff with what they thought was a license allowing up to 11 people to use Nitro at a time.

In all likelihood they will probably want to pursue upgrading to a current license that will allow more than two people.  I'll get back to you today.

Regards,

Craig

Resolve Technology

Hi again Allain.  I've spoken to the client and they would like to get a quote on upgrading to Nitro Pro 13 for a terminal server environment.  Can I contact you via private message to pass on contact details?

Craig.