Correct Licencing for Terminal Server

Moosa Sacha

Moosa Sacha

Hi 

We currently have 5 stand alone installs of Nitro Pro11 on individual PC's. We are migrating to a remote desktop server environment with 6 servers as part of an RDS 'FARM'.

What are my options for licencing, based on the fact that any of our 5 users could potentially end up any of the 6 virtual RDS servers on a given day.

Nitro sales advise me that I need to buy the Nitro Productivity Suite (Team) with a minimum 11 user licence. Is this correct? How does the software get installed, and how does each server get the licencing information? Having read some previous post on this forum, I'm not quite sure what I really need.

If someone can advise ASAP, so that we buy the correct product.

thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Moosa Sacha,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Our Sales Team is correct that you need a server license for your RDS Farm.

To give you more idea, a Server Deployment involves the installation and activation of Nitro Pro software on a server in which an allotted amount of users would access. For example, if you have a server serial number for 11 users, you would install Pro on the one server in which 11 users would log in and access. If you have additional servers, the amount of users that can access each server would be the total number of users divided by the number of servers. For example, if you have 30 users and 2 servers, then each server installation would allow 15 users to access Nitro Pro.

With regards to Desktop Deployment, it involves the installation and activation of Nitro Pro on individual machines. This product is purchased from our website. For example, if the client had a desktop serial number for 11 users, they would install and activation on the 11 individual machines.

If you have 6 servers, please inform our Sales Rep with how many users will connect in every servers.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps!