Fonts and forms problems

Curtis Mendel

Curtis Mendel

Hi everyone,

Nitro 13 doesn't list such basic fonts as Times New Roman, Arial and others which are installed on my system and which are recognized by several word processing programs I use. Some of them appear with slightly different names (e.g. ArialMT instead of Arial). If I create a pdf from scratch typing directly in Nitro, no fonts appear when you choose the fonts label in document properties. If the pdf is created from text entered in one of those word processors, the fonts do appear in document properties. I don't know whether this is normal behavior or not, but it is not mentioned in the user guide.

However, it's not only a question of font name: text fields in forms that use those (and other) fonts  tend to become garbled text when the form is filled in Acrobat Reader. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Curtis Mendel,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

In order to further assist you, could you please provide a screenshot of your 'About Nitro Pro' window under Help tab?

Also, what is the serial number of your Nitro Pro?

To send them via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Curtis Mendel

After browsing the forum a little, I've noticed this is a common issue. To my knowledge, no solution has been suggested. I don't find it reasonable to be asked for the serial number and a screenshot of the about box prior to any assistance. Besides, that would automatically disclose further personal information. There are even some posts from users of the trial version. Of course, they have no serial number to provide and still their issues are looked into. Unfortunately, no solution is given to them either. 

The about box says I'm using Nitro Pro 13.15.1.282. This is an individual installation. I would also be glad to send a sample pdf. Shouldn't that be enough info to at least get started with the help procedure? 

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Curtis Mendel,

Thank you for your response and patience.

We would like to know the serial number of your Nitro Pro 13 as this matters because our business installers are different from the online ones.

Once I have this information, I should be able to provide the link for the correct installer for Nitro Pro 13.16 because as per our Release Notes, some fonts not recognized by the program has been fixed alreadyhttps://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/release-notes

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.