Taking a PDF and converting it to Fillable PDF

Jarvis Walton

Jarvis Walton

Hello, 

I am a Adobe user but I have been tasked with my company to become the Nitro contact. 

I have a lot of users asking how to convert PDF to a fillable form. I know in Adobe you just click Prepare and it does it for you, does Nitro do anything like that?

Thank you, 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Jarvis Walton,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

From what I understand, you would like to know if Nitro Pro has a feature to automatically create/detect forms, like a wizard process for forms creation.

If this is correct, Nitro Pro (at the moment) do not have an automatic form creation/detection tool. You will need to use the Forms tab in Nitro Pro to add a Text Fields or other types of Form fields to the document, which is manual creation.

If needed, here are some of the helpful links about creating/editing form fields in Nitro Pro:

a. Creating and Editing Form Fields: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/forms/000004457 
b. Form Tools Summary: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/forms/000004567

The link below is our Product Improvement page and there is a section specific to Automatic Form Detection request. You may add a post comment (or vote) on the link below as a form of request. 

Kind regards, 

Edited by Reymund G.

• 5 weeks later...
cirignani@gmail.com

Had I known that Nitro does not autodetect form fields, I NEVER would have purchased it. Nitro expects a user to manually drag text fields one at a time through a document filled with fields? What a product failure. This is such a basic feature I just presumed that Nitro had it. Makes it completely unusable. What a waste.  I will NOT be purchasing any additional licenses for my office. Back to Adobe which has had this basic feature for years. I feel like I have been ripped off.