Nitro Pro 12 - Extremely slow opening

Domenic Iacovitti

Domenic Iacovitti

For some reason today opening Nitro Pro 12 is "extremely slow" - taking more than two minutes to open file.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same problems

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Domenic Iacovitti,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please provide the exact build of Nitro Pro 12 installed on your computer? 
You can locate this information by going to Help tab > About Nitro Pro.

Also, does the same issue happens when you simply open Nitro Pro (without opening a document)?

Kind regards, 

Domenic Iacovitti

Hi Reymund,

The build No is 12.16.3.574.

The problem occurs both when opening a document and when opening Nitro Pro directly.

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hello @Domenic Iacovitti,

Please try to perform a clean uninstall using our cleanup tool then reinstall Nitro Pro 12.16.
This cleanup tool will remove all traces of Nitro Pro and it is different from Windows un-installation process. I have outlined the steps below:

1. Clear the content of the directory under C:\users\your_username\Appdata\local\temp. For whatever reason, not all temp files automatically remove themselves and is NOT usually caused by Nitro Pro files.

Note: AppData folder is hidden by default. You can access this by typing the above path and replacing the your_username to your user name. 

2. Download Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

Please note that this cleanup tool will remove all traces of Nitro Pro including your customize stamps. If you have customized stamps, please refer to the link below about how to transfer/backup stamps:
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/stamp/000004307 

3. Extract the cleanup utility then run the cleanup tool by double-clicking nitro-cleanup.vbs. Please be aware that a command window will appear during the cleanup process.
4. After the cleanup, restart the computer. 
5. Install Nitro Pro 12.16 by downloading a new installer from the link below. 

32bit - http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi 
64bit - http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12163574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

If you are not sure whether to download the 32bit or the 64bit, check the link below:
https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/bit/000003790 

Note: Please delete any existing Nitro installer saved on your computer. This is to ensure that new installer will not mix up with the previous installer.

6. Once Nitro Pro 12.16 is installed, please check and see if it executes and open successfully.
If it does, kindly check the activation window (Help tab > About Nitro Pro) and see if it needs activation. If yes, click the Activate button then enter your Nitro Pro 12 serial number. 

After completing these steps, please observe if the issue persists.

Domenic Iacovitti

HI Reymund,

I have completed all the steps and problem still persists.

As mentioned previously it work fine until one day ago

Hoang NGUYEN

Hello

I tag along with this post because I have same issue. Nitro takes 2-5min to open despite the complete uninstall/reinstall of latest version. Before this, I was in version 12.0.0.112 and Nitro opened in 20-30sec.

And on another computer Nitro version is 11.0.3.134 and works fine.

If nitro is kept opened, it works as usual. It is the first opening that take long time.

Do you have any idea?

Best regards

Hoang

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Domenic Iacovitti,

Please consider trying the steps below and see if it helps:

Change Compatibility Mode to run in Windows 7.

1. Right-click on the Nitro Pro icon and select "Properties". 
2. Under Properties, select Compatibility tab, and then select the Compatibility Mode to run in Windows 7. 
3. Press OK, and then retry opening Nitro Pro with a file.

If these steps did not help, please generate the SupportTool log then send it to me through private message:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\12 and open the NitroPDFSupportTools.exe in administrator mode.
Note: If Nitro Pro is installed using 32bit installer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nitro\Pro\12 then find the NitroPDFSupportTools.exe.

2. Under Support tab, click 'Save to File' to generate the log.

To send a private message, simply mouse hover to my profile then click the 'Message' link.

Kind regards,

Edited by Reymund G.