Upgrade PDF Pen Pro 13 to Nitro PDF Pen Pro license not accepted

Brian Dirsmith

Brian Dirsmith

Goal: upgrade my three or four computers, couple of iPads and iPhones from their respective PDF Pen Pro 12 licenses to Nitro PDF Pen Pro. I have an Excel document with v12 license numbers. Physical devices have changed; am hoping license numbers are somehow passed forward. Kindly clarify what upgrade paths remain for all of my devices. A $35 upgrade price was rescinded. Another upgrade price is US$89.99. I have other untested coupons for 30% off, 40% off second license,  60% off 14 pro upgrade, 70% off 2-pack, and 90% off Nitro Pro 14. I had purchased a number of multi-user licenses of PDF Pen Pro...and don't know how to locate those and/or differentiate them from single-user licenses. Have painstakingly read through dry posts end to end to see two current licensing options. The single user with primary and secondary devices (both devices in the same home, licenses not used concurrently). The multi-user option that allows activation on up to five computers, where one person must be the primary user of all activated computers ("Multiple user licenses allow for twice the activations as their user count i.e. 10
activations for a 5-user license.)

Obviously need help with upgrade costs and licensing issues.

So. Starting with one computer running PDF Pen Pro 12.2.3. I had previously downloaded PDF Pen Pro 13.1. I was ready with that computer's v12 license number. Installed without problem. But I was congratulated with another v13 license number.

At this website: https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade

I pasted my current PDF Pen Pro 13 license number.

This error:"We were unable to validate your serial number. Please ensure you entered it correctly. If you believe you are eligible for an upgrade, please leave a post on our Community Forum and update us with your issue."

I'd surely like assistance to get through this muck, hopeful that I'm not facing 10-20 upgrade Gordian Knots.

Brian

As noted in a similar random picked post

Benji Schaub

Hi staff,

unfortunately my serial for Nitro Pro 13 is not accepted by the upgrade process, please advise!

Thx,

Benji

•  

Reymund Oyong

• Official Nitronaut

Greetings @Benji Schaub

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I have made the necessary adjustments to ensure that you can proceed with upgrading your existing license to version 14 through the Upgrade Portal.

Please access our Upgrade Page again and then try to upgrade your serial number.

Kind regards,

Edited by Leslie V

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Brian Dirsmith

Sorry for the confusion. That upgrade page (https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade) is for Nitro Pro for Windows.

I understand you wish to upgrade from an older version of PDFpenPro. 

To upgrade from this version:

1. Download version 13. Do so either by choosing "Check for Update…" from the PDFpenPro menu or downloading from:
https://www.gonitro.com/pro/try/mac/download/thanks

2. Launch it. The app will notice your previous version. You can click on "Buy an upgrade license" for upgrade pricing.

3. Go through the screens to purchase the upgrade to version 13.

4. Complete your purchase and version 13 will register with your new license. You will also receive an email of the new license for your records.

Please let me know if you have any questions.