NitroPDF - You seem to be offline

Interpro Technology

Interpro Technology

A NitroPDF Pro Version 13 app that has been installed for a while now is experiencing an error, 'you seem to be offline. Connect to your internet to get the most out of your trial'.

This application is licensed with an active serial number which ahs not been used on any other machines. When attempting to follow the manual activation the certificate to copy was blank.

We have used the Revo uninstall tool and the NitroPDF specific uninstall tool. I have attempted to install the latest release of version 13 (Which was installed previously) which is also showing the same error after installing. I have followed multiple guides I could fine online and in this forum, inclduing the below:

https://community.gonitro.com/topic/17248-nitro-pdf-pro-will-not-open-window-tried-restarting-computer-re-installing-nitro-pro-clearing-nitro-in-appdata-still-will-not-completely-open/

We have no firewall settings that will block this application.

Another NitroPDF user on a different machine also experienced an issue this morning in which they were unable to open NitroPDF, we followed the same steps as above. This issue persisted for a while, they ae now signed in and able to open the application. While troubleshooting this issue we received multiple errors that the serial numbers were invalid, however we are aware they are not and they are being used for other users.

Please can you help with these issues.

Interpro Technology

I have taken a further look into this today. I disabled the firewall and reinstalled the application after a clean uninstall and ensured that the application is not the default PDF app, this still hasn't helped.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Interpro Technology,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums and our sincere apologies for the delay.

In connection with your statement, 'You seem to be offline. Connect to your internet to get the most out of your trial', is this still happening when the affected machine is connected to a different hotspot with no strict firewall/rule rules?

Also, could you please provide a screenshot of your 'About Nitro Pro' window under the Help tab? This window should show the exact build of the program (format is 13.XX.X.XXX, e.g. 13.70.2.40). The same information is available through Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Interpro Technology

Hi Allain,

The exact build number is 13.70.7.60, we are unable to connect this PC to another network as it is an office environment. It also doesn't have the capability to connect wirelessly.

I was able to license the machine today finally, could this please be investigated to prevent any further issues.

Thank you!

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Interpro Technology,

Thank you for this information and we are glad you are back on track.

After checking our resources, this commonly happens when the machine is behind a strict firewall.