Expired Trial even though subscription fee paid

Elvira Hunt

Elvira Hunt

My Nitro Pro 10 is showing as an Expired Trial even though my subscription fee was just paid on 2/24/2017.  I tried submitting an support ticket but the ticket isn't processing.  It just keeps cycling.  So frustrating.  Does anybody know how I can contact Nitro by phone.  Can't find their phone # anywhere.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Elvieh,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

We are transitioning away from Nitro Pro+ because it will soon be phased out. You should have already received an email from Marketing regarding upgrading to Nitro Pro 11. Please check all your inboxes, including Spam folder, as our emails are mistakenly routed there sometimes. 

I can see that you already opened a support ticket for this, we will be in touch through that case if you have any further questions..

Scott Stone

I have the same problem.  I have a paid annual subscription through 10/30/17.  You cannot arbitrarily cut off a subscription to software that I have already paid for.  Right now the software is useless as I cannot edit or markup pdfs which is a necessity for my legal practice.  This issue should be rectified immediately by your company and not "as time permits" as was stated in the ticket response I received.  I have paid your company an annual subscription for two years, under the premises that we would be get upgrades as part of that.  Why would I have paid $99.95 per year for Nitro 10 if I was going to have to pay $159 for Nitro 11.  I could have purchased Nitro 10 for less than the $199.90 I already paid.  This needs to be rectified immediately.  Either (a) I should be permitted to upgrade to Nitro 11 as part of my annual subscription or (b) I be given a serial number to activate Nitro 10 and be issued a refund for the cost difference between the $199.90 and what it would have cost to purchase Nitro Pro 10, as it was certainly less than $199.90 given that Nitro Pro 11 is only $159.00.  This is no way to do business.  Rest assured, if this is not resolved immediately, I will be switching to one of your competitors as this is nonsense.

troy.scharf1@gmail.com
17 hours ago, Leslie V. said:

Hello Elvieh,

We are transitioning away from Nitro Pro+ because it will soon be phased out. You should have already received an email from Marketing regarding upgrading to Nitro Pro 11. Please check all your inboxes, including Spam folder, as our emails are mistakenly routed there sometimes. 

I can see that you already opened a support ticket for this, we will be in touch through that case if you have any further questions..

I CANNOT FIND ANY EMAIL, THAT AGAINST THE LAW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, I PAID FOR A SERVICE AND YOU CAN'T CUT IT OFF. 

• Official Nitronaut

Hello troy.scharf1@gmail.com,

We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion.

We are transitioning you to a similar upgraded version. We are not disregarding any subscription payments made. In fact, our existing users are getting upgrades to Nitro Pro 11, an upgrade compared to what you are using now. It also is a perpetual program, with no required renewal/annual fees.

Please open a support ticket here so we can discuss it to you directly. 

On 5/20/2017 at 8:16 AM, troy.scharf1@gmail.com said:

I CANNOT FIND ANY EMAIL, THAT AGAINST THE LAW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, I PAID FOR A SERVICE AND YOU CAN'T CUT IT OFF. 

On 5/19/2017 at 3:44 PM, MichelleS said:

I reached a company that partners with Nitro at 866-522-6855 (Cleverbridge) They were unaware of the problem/complaints and was going to reach out to Nitro. From what I read, the new Nitro Pro 11 is out and they just cut us Nitro Pro 10 users off at the knees. Even though we paid. Im paid through October as well. I would LOVE for someone from Nitro to pipe in here and prove me wrong.

On 5/19/2017 at 2:16 PM, Tom Sawyer said:

Does anyone have suggestions as to what software to switch to?

I will be purchasing Acrobat even though there system is more than I personally need, at least they don't seem to have these types of, what should be simple correctable, problems.

• Administrators
Mario Kevesic

@Charlie3 I'm sorry to hear that this transition from subscription Nitro Pro+ to perpetual Nitro Pro 11 license caught you by surprise. Our Marketing department has been sending notification emails for months now with links on how to upgrade in order to prevent confusing situations for our customers. I'm not sure if you just missed those emails or they went to your Spam folder but all you need to do now is submit a ticket via our site https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket and our Support team will take care of you. You actually qualify for a free upgrade to Nitro Pro 11 that you get to keep for life without any subscription fees. Even though this transition might cause a bit of an inconvenience, we at Nitro make sure that every customer not only retains the paid value, but also receives more in our current offerings. 

Frustrated Nitro User

I am having the same issue as well, have submitted two tickets to support and gotten no response. Please fix this issue immediately

On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 2:23 PM, Scott Stone said:

I have the same problem.  I have a paid annual subscription through 10/30/17.  You cannot arbitrarily cut off a subscription to software that I have already paid for.  Right now the software is useless as I cannot edit or markup pdfs which is a necessity for my legal practice.  This issue should be rectified immediately by your company and not "as time permits" as was stated in the ticket response I received.  I have paid your company an annual subscription for two years, under the premises that we would be get upgrades as part of that.  Why would I have paid $99.95 per year for Nitro 10 if I was going to have to pay $159 for Nitro 11.  I could have purchased Nitro 10 for less than the $199.90 I already paid.  This needs to be rectified immediately.  Either (a) I should be permitted to upgrade to Nitro 11 as part of my annual subscription or (b) I be given a serial number to activate Nitro 10 and be issued a refund for the cost difference between the $199.90 and what it would have cost to purchase Nitro Pro 10, as it was certainly less than $199.90 given that Nitro Pro 11 is only $159.00.  This is no way to do business.  Rest assured, if this is not resolved immediately, I will be switching to one of your competitors as this is nonsense.

1 hour ago, Mario K. said:

@Charlie3 I'm sorry to hear that this transition from subscription Nitro Pro+ to perpetual Nitro Pro 11 license caught you by surprise. Our Marketing department has been sending notification emails for months now with links on how to upgrade in order to prevent confusing situations for our customers. I'm not sure if you just missed those emails or they went to your Spam folder but all you need to do now is submit a ticket via our site https://www.gonitro.com/support/ticket and our Support team will take care of you. You actually qualify for a free upgrade to Nitro Pro 11 that you get to keep for life without any subscription fees. Even though this transition might cause a bit of an inconvenience, we at Nitro make sure that every customer not only retains the paid value, but also receives more in our current offerings. 

Mario, I sincerly hope that someone from Nitro CALLS me immediately, as I am in the same situation and have now spent my entire working day trying to get ahold of someone to resolve this same issue.  This is NOT acceptable and I have checked my inbox and found ONE email that made a feeble attempt to explain anything.  There is nothing in my spam/junk folder and I expect a free upgrade as well.    My case # is: 00109743 to expedite this problem.  For a company that markets itself on PRODUCTIVITY and easy WORK FLOW, this must be hugely embarrassing to Nitro.  I sure hope this gets resolved before it blows up on social media!!!

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @Frustrated Nitro User, I cannot find your support ticket/s. Did you submit ticket/s using a different email address? 

@lds, I found your ticket and have already responded. Kindly check your email and message me there if you need further assistance.

@Elvieh, kindly check your email for our response to your support ticket.

@Scott Stone, please check your email if you were able to receive my colleague's response to your query.

Same issue, same frustration, same loss of productivity. No email regarding V10 being disabled. Nitro happily took our money in February, though, so good for them.

support case is 00109918. In addition to fixing this ASAP I'd love a note for my management to explain why our invoices are delayed this month. Half our firm uses acrobat, the other half Nitro. My guess is acrobat will be seeing more subscriptions from us soon

Same issue here, and I have looked back and found no emails to let me know this change was coming. 
I urgently need this resolved for my business. Please expedite my support ticket.  Case# 00110168

• Official Nitronaut

@kbarton I'm glad we were able to sort that out via the support case that you opened. We appreciate your feedback and your patience on the matter.

@ksnider I also checked your case, one of our representatives already sent you a response on how to activate your new copy of Nitro Pro 11.Kindly respond through that case if you have any other questions. We will gladly assist.

Cheers!

Yes this is BS. All I See in my inbox is an email saying my subscription was renewed. I been trying to open a ticket for weeks. That joke of service doesn't work either This is getting old quick..Going to download the latest cracked version of your software since i paid for a working version. I feel everyone's frustration o this thread and I am sure they all bit their tongues holding back what we all want to say.

• Official Nitronaut
11 hours ago, ctzokas said:

Yes this is BS. All I See in my inbox is an email saying my subscription was renewed. I been trying to open a ticket for weeks. That joke of service doesn't work either This is getting old quick..Going to download the latest cracked version of your software since i paid for a working version. I feel everyone's frustration o this thread and I am sure they all bit their tongues holding back what we all want to say.

Hello @ctzokas,

I opened a support ticket for you with no errors. What error message were you getting? What web browser were you using? We would like to have this tested to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I checked your account and basing on when you renewed, I can see that you are actually eligible for the free upgrade. This will give you a free legal copy, so you'll no longer need to resort to or promote piracy.

We already sent you an email on how to avail this free upgrade weeks prior, and since it sounds like you were not able to find this, we will be in touch through the support ticket to assist you with this upgrade.

I hope that helps! Cheers!

NeedHelpPlease!

Hi, I've run into this exact same issue and filed a ticket. I would really appreciate if I could get some help quickly, as I can't wait days (like the support reply email says). Here's my support case #00111609. Like the others, I did not receive any emails from Nitro stating this change was coming. This is incredibly frustrating, given this is paid software and that support for this program was removed with ensuring that customers had a fallback (on their existing software).

I would appreciate if someone from Nitro could contact me immediately. Thank you!

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @NeedHelpPlease!,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

Please let me know if you were able to receive our response to your query (ticket#111609) or if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

Patrick Taggert

I went to open an attachment in email and learned I am having the same issue as above. My paid account shows to be a trail and wants me to upgrade or activate. Have opened a case #00112306 waiting for a reply. as I recall I paid for 24/7 support and upgrades and Like most have not received any emails about any changes. I like the Nitro 10 and suits my needs fine hope this gets resolved soon.

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @ptaggert,

Thanks for posting on our community forums!

I took over and answered your ticket. Kindly check your inbox and follow the steps provided. 

I'll wait for your response via our ticketing system.

Cheers!

The same thing happened to me.  Support was uable to help me.  Sounds like the same problem to me.  They told me I should upgrade to 11.  That would not allow me to create a PDF.  Opened a ticket, got a list of things to try, none of which worked.  Cancelled my subscription.

Mark

• Official Nitronaut
Kelvin B. Villarin

Hi @mgroessl,

I just read both your tickets from our ticketing system. I will create a new ticket for you and I hope you can give me a chance to sort this out.

Thank you!

Hi Kelvin,

Got your e-mail, and followed the instructions.  I continue to get an error that says "Occurrence of user-interacted or failed conversion".  This is very frustrating, and as I'm sure you imagine, very unproductive.  I appreciate what you've done for me so far, but I don't know how long I can continue with no PDF creator.

Mark

Archived